Saturday, May 17, 2014

Esse Gift Shop and Luxuriously Lingering Over Decisions

On my trip I was lucky enough to have time on two separate days to visit Esse Purse Museum in Little Rock, Arkansas.

http://essepursemuseum.com/

  Thank goodness I had time because contemplating my purchases in the gift shop took time.  This was truly luxurious lingering as I pondered what I'd take home to Seattle.  Well, I needed a new and fashionable bag to carry in my everyday, active life.  Something versatile, but eye-catching.

Sort of like these fun mannequin displays in the Esse Museum.

And I pondered some more.  I'm so interested in expanding the barely existent Vintage presence in my personal collection.  I'd love to take home a fabulous, Vintage find.

And I definitely needed a new big bag to take home on the plane because of the wonderful, fun time I had in Little Rock and nearby Memphis, Tn on my trip.  How else to get my great souvenirs back to Seattle.

Did I mention that I love a bag that is truly a work of art?  That's what I found in this beautiful, all material, woven, fabric purse from a Los Angeles designer called "Material Things". 
http://www.mthandbags.com/

This bag is amazing art, and the most practical, functional fun I've carried on my arm, and back!  Yes, here's the surprise.  With the fabric handles slid through like in this picture, I can carry on my arm, so comfortable and light weight.  But you'll see, with the handles slid through the back, in the wink of an eye this is an urban backpack.  So convenient!  This bag is all natural, and also a natural.

Notice the beautiful and large zippered pocket on the front?  There's another one on the back as well for keeping necessities close at hand for fast access.

A sturdy snap holds the front and back together at the top.  When you unsnap you see the very secure zipper that will gain you access to the insides of my new bag.  Don't you just love the artistic mix of materials and the complementatary colors and patterns!

Unzipping!  See how the sturdy fabric handles automatically fall away and out of the way as you're opening this purse up.

Well, I love all bags, but in my everyday life I do gravitate toward being a big bag girl because I always have so much to carry.  I am a pack mule.  But the roominess of this bag even impresses me.  I have yet to fill it up more than halfway.  Yet, with the unique design, this purse does not carry like a big bag at all.  You can see part of the zipper for the zippered pocket just above the label in this picture.

Voila! In an instant its closed and the straps are pulled to be a material backpack.  Well, I guess I am a Material Girl after all.


Next blog I'll tell you all about the incredible Vintage find that I embraced.  In fact, I'll be carrying that with me tonight when I attend the 10th Anniversary Party at the Chihuly Museum in Seattle, right next to the Space Needle.

But I will tell you this, I'm going back to Esse and when I do I'll be picking up a wonderful Anya Sushko work of art, like this one front and center on Anita Davis' (Esse Visionary) desk.  Despite plans for a return trip someday, I can't wait until Esse has an online gift shop.

http://essepursemuseum.com/
 

No comments:

Post a Comment