Thursday, May 22, 2014

Ready for Take Off From Esse

Esse's display of 20th century travel bags is delightful. Oh how travel fashion has evolved. Here's just a glimpse into a small sample you'll see.


Confronting  my own packing to return to Seattle, I found I was a bag short for all I was bringing home. What better predicament to be in while browsing the Esse Gift Store! I found this modernized version of the classic Pan Am carry all. It's all the classic lines and logos, but stepped up with more pocket storage and softer/lighter materials but with a very sturdy structure. Carry this over the shoulder with the most comfortable shoulder strap I've run into for some time, or carry by hand. Strong straps too!  Believe me, I really stuffed this bag, but it showed no strain. When I was straightening out after the TSA security, one of the inspectors had a chuckle at my expense and mentioned that he'd never seen so much stuff packed in a bag this size.






I had so many compliments on this bag at the airport, from employees and from other travelers. These pictures are taken at home in Seattle, and the bag is still in mint new condition despite the voluminous packing and the long trip across the country, from Little Rock to Memphis / from Memphis to Dallas / 3 hour delay for the connecting flight / from Dallas to Seattle.

You can see lots of the roomy pockets in this picture. The zippered side pockets are so handy as you're carrying it to grab things out, or to put things in.  The front pocket is almost the full length of the bag, with a velcro closure.  And look on the left side to see the zipper pull for the hidden pocket inside that front slide pocket. And don't forget, the other picture shows the back which has its own big slide pocket with a velcro close. Great!

Check out my big, fat notebook calendar with all my works and writings zippered inside easily fitting in the back slide pocket. Easy access so I can work on it at the airport or on a plane. This pocket would easily fit a full size laptop. This picture shows you the duo zipper pulls for opening the main, center section of the bag.

Here you see the inside. Don't you love the airplanes lining! The light color makes it easy to find everything you have inside. See the side pocket on the one side.


In the process of slipping my phone into the side pocket. It easily fits all the way inside and securely zippered in, but quick, one-handed access.

Here's the inside pocket on the other side. Suddenly these pictures are making me think, I need to pack and take off on fun travels again.

No comments:

Post a Comment