Monday, May 19, 2014

Esse Vintage

Back to Esse Purse Museum, & Store in Little Rock, Arkansas. This time my browsing nets a wonderful, Vintage find. 



There she sat before me, just behind a couple of other pretty handbags, I was drawn to this lovely Vintage White and Floral Beaded. She called to me and I answered. The tag said (as is), I didn't want it any other way. This has been a loved bag. In the spirit of the museum, I could vividly imagine the interesting women that had carried this purse in the past.

Here's a close up of the intricate beading, showing off the delicate flowers. Turns out this is a Lumured handbag from the 1950's. This was a very popular handbag maker in New York, for that time

See the thick beading on the straps! Here's the purse from one side when it's closed.  In the next picture, check it out when it opens!

That's right, it opens from both sides!  There's so much room for carrying all you want, yet not looking bulky. And on one side there's a forward thinking slide pocket.

See how the sturdy center panel is fully beaded, and that's on both sides.


Just think of all the places this purse has been.  And now its' travels continue from Little Rock to Seattle.  My Lumured and I were cutting edge Vintage at the Chihuly Museum 10th Anniversary Party last weekend.

Here's the Space Needle as seen through the glass ceiling of the Chihuly Glass Pavilion, part of the museum.  Framing the Needle is part of a tremendous, suspended glass sculpture of vines and flowers that is stunning all along the entire ceiling of this very large Pavilion.

No comments:

Post a Comment